Kia Sportage heater core removal and replacement

Help! kia sportage 1999, heater core removal and replacement. trouble removing instrument panel to remove heater core. Removed instruments and dropped steering column. Instrument panel loose but will come out. What am I doing wrong? Anyone please help! thank you!

Phead

Reply to
Phead

I will save you alot of money and Aggravation, get rid of that car quickly. My friend has a 1999 Kia sportage and he has had every problem you can think of from Wiring to the Engine. After Researching this car I found that Many people have nothing but warnings and Horror Stories. I once was in my friends 1999 KIA And the Volume on the radio was changing By Itself , he told me he spent over $5,000 in repairs out of his own pocket as the dealership said they were not responsible. Its a deathtrap car. Period.

Reply to
SamuelF566

Not sure about that!!!!

My 97 Sportage...120K km on the clock. Bought it new.... Only dealer service was 1K km, after just oil & filter change...done myself.

No problems or repairs to date... all in original condition...brakes all from new. Had few off road 4x4 trips as well.

Still goes like new.

My wife's BMW 318 95...never again I would buy this car. Gearbox went at 50K...always something wrong with it. Service...you don't even ask me....cost fortune.

cheers jerry (from down under)

Reply to
MJD

I strongly suggest you purchase the shop manual. the heater core is fairly easy to remove. you do not have to drop the steering column. the heater box is to the right of it held by 4 bolts. the only difficulty is removing the hose clips, which require a locking long nose tool. I cut agrove in the pliars down the center to engage the tabs. Also a OBDI reader is a good investment to tell you what the codes mean. One the east Coast we have a parts store called PPE Boys (you can find them onthe internet too) they sell the code reader for $85. I have 2 Sportages, they run like swiss watches. my only complaint was that the plugs are a project to get to.

Reply to
helix

I strongly suggest you purchase the shop manual. the heater core is fairly easy to remove. you do not have to drop the steering column. the heater box is to the right of it held by 4 bolts. the only difficulty is removing the hose clips, which require a locking long nose tool. I cut agrove in the pliars down the center to engage the tabs. Also a OBDI reader is a good investment to tell you what the codes mean. One the east Coast we have a parts store called PEP Boys (you can find them onthe internet too) they sell the code reader for $85. I have 2 Sportages, they run like swiss watches. my only complaint was that the plugs are a project to get to.

Reply to
helix