97 900 - Fuel Pump / D.I. problem

Hi all,

I have a problem with a 97 900. - a no start problem - It was running along and just died. The DI will make a spark but I am told it is also responsible for firing up the fuel pump once it recognizes a spark. After manually placing gas into the cylinders and cranking the eng. it will fire. So after hearing how the DI can still make spark and at the same time be dead concerns me. Anyone out there have any experience with this kind of issue? I Have no access to the fuel pump without lowering the tank first so any help is appreciated

Thanks so much Tom

Reply to
Tom Pollak