97 ng900 sound, sid, wierd other stuff kapoot

Don't know if this has been discussed, but all of a sudden, my sound system doesn't work, the mpg and miles to empty don't work-just the outside temp display. Black panel doesn't black the instrument panel, adn the rheostat just dims the heating/vent panel lights. WTF? Fuses are OK Is this some kind of integrated control module losing its mind? TIA before I lose mine. How to check? No CE light coming on. Tom Trueb Delphi, IN

1997 900S
Reply to
Tom Trueb

Well, don't know if this makes you fell better or worse- but I've never heard of that before.

It sounds like either the ICE unit (integrated electronics... through which all lights, switches, etc tend to run) or the SID unit is bad since everything you mentioned has a SID interface.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot that aside from swapping units. SIDs are expensive unless you can find one in a junk yard. ICE units are likely similarly pricy.

Reply to
Bob