Wiindscreen washer stuck

My left windscreen washer did not spray fluid. The problem was the little plastic T-part under the hood. After removing this part and connecting the hose directly to the spray-head it works fine again.

What is the function of the plastic T-part in the hose which I now removed?

Reply to
Wido van Krieken

Depends where in the water line you're talking about. In my classic 900's, there is a branch piece near the pump itself that connects to smaller hoses running to each of the headlight wipers, and the main hose continues along up to the jets on the hood.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

It has a check valve in it so the fluid doesn't drain back to the tank and you get squirting right away

Reply to
Fred W

It's a check valve intended to keep the fluid from draining back in the lines once it gets there. Allegedly it allows the fluid to spray quicker but many have noticed that removing them or replacing with straight through fittings seems to make no difference. Some folks fit them by prying them open and using a piece of a latex to replace the broken diaphragm.

Reply to
Bob