AMM

I suspect my 1988 9000i 2,0 air mass meter has decided it has had enough (after only 325 500 kms, POS!). It is a Bosch 0 280 212 011. I find several other AMMs on eBay, with numbers ending in 005 and 013. Are these interchangeable? Does anyone have a 011 they want to donate or sell? I can't pay a lot, but can fork up a few bucks if needed.

Reply to
Kristian Steve Jensen

No, they aren't.

Is there a breakers yard near you?

Reply to
Grunff

Once had a problem with the AMM, but it was only the electrical socket that was corroded. Check the socket connection.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

"Johannes H Andersen" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@sizefitter.com...

I get a "Check Engine" light when I let the car idle for a few minutes. It disappears when I start driving again. Also, I feel a definite lack of power on higher revs, and acceleration isn't smooth, but with some jumping and skipping. Sound familiar to anyone? Could this be caused by a faulty connector, or is it the AMM itself?

Reply to
Kristian Steve Jensen

There are many reasons for poor running, so it is important to identify the exact cause of the problem, otherwise you can end up spending a fortune replacing almost everything. This sometimes happens! Some years back I had various poor running problems, but once sorted, the car has been exemplary.

The garage wanted to change the AMM. But they didn't have the correct model. However, after a while he came back and said that they found that it was just the connector. Have they had the correct AMM, then they would just have replaced it for £250 and I would have been none the wiser. I'm quite sure that this mechanic was very good, it only shows that poor running problems can be a headache even for a seasoned mechanic.

  1. It could be a connector to a sensor.
  2. It could be the CAT. It may be blocked - check if it rattles.
  3. It could be the head gasket.
  4. It could be a vacuum leak.
  5. It could be the DI.
  6. It could be something else.