AON 87 OK in a 98 900S?

I'm closing in on buying this car... anyone want to talk me out of it? It's got 127K on it... Looks like I'm going to have a full checkout at the dealer before I buy it.

Am I going to be able to burn 87 octane? this is a 2.3 engine. I've got a brochure from 1997 (OK so I'm a packrat) and it says in here 87 AON for the 2.3, the 2.0 turbo and the 2.5 V6. My '89 C900 really needed better, which is why I'm asking.

It would be great to be back to SAAB... maybe I should stop tracking repair costs though?

-D

Reply to
meld_b

I've talked to owners of a 2003 9-3, 1999 9-5 (which has had some electrical issues) and a 1997 900 and they all burn a mix of low and not as low gas. The guy with the 900 says it knocks in the summer if not.

-D

meld_b wrote:

Reply to
meld_b