can u change ur torque rating on an automatic transmission saab 9-3

Hey, I understand that my 2002 saab 9-3 se has 184 lb.-ft of torque...and the manual has 209...i also know that my automatic transmissions can't handle the 209 due to a decrease in transmission life. Could it handle 200 lb.-ft of torque?...In other words, can saab tweak my torque rating a bit...and to what degree?

-Thanks, steve

Reply to
SPL

You can tweak the engine without harming the transmission - as long as you apply the power gently from a dead stop. When I drove the 9-3s at the dealer, they had enough power to spin the front tires on dry road. If you had more power and used it, you would just end up replacing tires more often.

Saab should have optional ECU updates to increase power. The Classic

900 turbo was commonly upgraded by the "Red Box" which changed the turbo boost, timing and other factors.
Reply to
ma_twain

torque...and

My auto trans doesn't spin the tires at a dead stop under full throttle, however at a slow roll, while steering, the torque steer is present. I like that trait of my saab. I guess i can get after market ECU upgrades but i dont really want to go that route...I wonder if my saab dealer can tweak my torque rating with their tech II (i think that is what its called).

Reply to
SPL