Cllutch Problems Again

Last August I made a trip of about 1400 miles to the Toronto, Canada vicinity and while I was there three or four times the clutch pedal went to the floor and did not coke back by itself. However when I pulled it up it remained up and the cluch acted normall for sometime and then the same thing repeated. I got back here, Baltimore, without to much trouble and then the clutch finall gave in. You could not pull thre pedal and have it act normally! All the cluch action was gone

The result of that experience, so my repairer said, was that he rebult the cluch almost completely because both maste and slve cylinders were shot and the vcluch plate was saturated in hyraulic fluid.

Today, in town the same thing occurred but on a much faster cycle. Three times the pedal went to the floor and I pulled it on and every thing was fine. This happened three times within twenty minutes and then a few minutes klater it recrred and this time it would not repond.

The car was toed in but it was after closing so I had no one there to examine ti.

I f it is master cylinder I will be very annoyed, if it is slave, L am going to explodeed . could somethig like this re- occur in 3 to 4

What could cause such a rapid failure. and without much warning.

Comment or assistance would be greatly appreciate.

Unfortunately I am scheduled to got to canada again on Thusday. It is now thew wee hours of Wednesday morning and I will be at my repairers early tomorrw. Can anyone make a suggestin. Estimate or guess a cause.

The faster the better.

Thanks again.

Malcolm Mason

Reply to
Malcolm

So what did he do with the master + slave? Replace them? Replace the seals?

Depends what he did.

Reply to
Grunff

C900, 9000, 9^3, 9^5? What age?

KeithG

Malcolm wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

I had the same problem with 9k 2 years ago. Clutch hydraulics were leaking fluid and taking in air. I bought a replacement clutch master cylinder from local Saab dealer ( easier to fit and bleed, or so I thought ). That didn't cure it so I bought a new clutch kit and slave from Neo Bros (mistake). All seemed OK for a few weeks then syptoms returned. Left car with Saab dealer for repair. Neo Bros had supplied wrong type of slave cyl and the seal against gearbox casing had popped out loosing clutch ;((

Reply to
Adrian England