Cooling/Heating Problem 9000 CE

Hi, the heating in my 1993 9000CE (no ACC) does not work proberly, since yesterday the heat if turned on fully is approx. one third as it was before. The temperature indicator is always on the lower end, the display says check engine, but the motor has its usual temperature, but the hoses and the radiator are only a bit warm (after about 50km with an average of

120km/h, weather is about -5degree celsius). The coolant level is on maximum. Three months ago the radiator was replaced, the whole cooling system checked and filled properly.

What could be the matter ?

Greetings Axel

Reply to
Axel Schäfer

Hello Axel.

First thing I would check change) is the thermostat! It costs around =8020,- And you can replace it yourself in 30 - 45 mins. if you're just a little handy. You can find out how, on the internet. Next thing would be changing the engine temp. sensor.

You say that you have a "check engine". When you turn the key in the ignition to "on" (without starting the car), the the "check engine" will start to flash after a few seconds. How many flasches do you count? OBS! Can be more than one flash-code. Maybe first 6 flashes, then 3 flashes, then again 6....

-- FUGM=99 =96 The Trademark of World Class Incompetence

Henrik B.

Henrik B. schrieb:

Hello,

it always flashes 4 times.

Greetings Axel

Reply to
Axel Schäfe

Hallo Axel.

4 flashes means "Coolant temperature sensor". So start by changing it. It's located in the top. In the middle, just under the inlet manifold (towards the cabin). But as the engine/water doesn't get hot, I would also suspect the thermostat...

-- FUGM The Trademark of World Class Incompetence

Henrik B.

What is a Saab 9000CE, how does it look like?

Reply to
johannes

I believe that it is short for "CSE".... ;o))

-- FUGM=99 =96 The Trademark of World Class Incompetence.

Henrik B.

Maybe a 9000CSE with one of the letters fallen off ;0)

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen

:o))

Will you be participating in the Saab convoy, this Sunday, arranged by the British Saab Club?

Reply to
Henrik B.

I'm not member, so I didn't plan for that. I used to be member many years ago, but found that their activities were mainly in mid and north UK. These days my old 9000CSE is my daily workhorse 110km every day. Still in amazing good shape after 173,000 miles. Needs something fixed about once a year. This year new clutch kit and exhaust, that's all.

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen

Well, don't need to be a member, to show support and participate. ;o)

Reply to
Henrik B.

Sorry, freudian slip, its an CS :-)

Greetings Axel