Do Saab dealers give free loaners when the car in for repairs?

Oldsmobile has a rather insulting deal where the higher priced models do rate a loaner but the cheaper model only if its a "mechanical" problem, which they jump through hoops to claim it isn't so they don't have to fork over the $30 a day for the rental car. I've had to debate them every time and then they act like they are doing me a favor.

Reply to
Incremental Jones

It is completely up to the dealership.

-Fred W

Reply to
The Malt Hound

Yes, and nothing is really for free. My mountain bike fits nicely in my 9000 so this is my spare car.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

In Oz it is standard practice to get on 'loaner' from almost any dealer, all you have to do is ask, however, you usually get the most run down car in the lot - but that's better than getting the bus or train ;)

Regards Starman from Oz

Reply to
Starman

I just had my 15,000 mile service done. I had to ask for a loaner and had to wait a week before they had one available. I asked another dealer too, but they only give loaners to people who bought the car with them. The car I ended up with was a 2005 9-3 Linear.

Reply to
Shane Almeida

I'd say that was worth the wait...!

Regards Starman from Oz

Reply to
Starman

Depends where you are - I drive trains for a living (Sydney, Australia) so even though I'm a Saab C900 enthusiast, I'm not blinkered into believing that it's 'car or nothing'. However it's different for everyone depending where they live in relation to the availability of other transport services.

Yes it is standard practise (nowadays at least) to have a loan car made available if you return a vehicle for service under warranty or even if you return a vehicle for service out of warranty but you keep taking it to the dealer where you purchased it for any number of reasons.

I can't comment specifically about Saab dealers in Australia in this regard since I haven't bought any new Saab's. Perhaps other people can comment about this?

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's C900 Site