GM reaffirms committment to Saab...York/Kerkorian renege on hacking off Saab

or...
Hopefully, this means they will finally give Saab the focus and attention it requires to start build great cars again.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

or...

But will the Nordic character be lost as the new SAABs are going to be developed and made in Germany?

Dan

Reply to
dan

Tex,

Sorry to break it to you, by your "tiny" URL redirects to the same exact URL above, so it's not separate.

SG

Reply to
SG

above, so it's not separate.

Um, that's the idea, sometimes the long URLs will get cut off or mangled by varied message widths, the tiny URL links to the longer one and prevents this.

Reply to
James Sweet

or...

Maybe Saab could make a hatchback again instead of boring 'sedans' ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I agree. It is amazing that so many Saab owners feel this way and yet Saab doesn't get it. A Saab sales manager pointed out that BMW and Mercedes (at that time) didn't have any hatchback models. He added "We don't need a hatchback anymore. The estate/station wagon model takes care of that market segment". I thought he was a moron.

Walt

Reply to
Walt Kienzle

What's utterly and amazingly shocking is to see it matter of factly written a senior decision maker basically admits to having expressed such strong views without having bothered to do minimal research. And he's still there. Ready to pull the trigger with utter intellectual laziness again anytime.

...pablo

Reply to
pablo

Actually, he made those statements before he was a senior decision maker of anything (before being appointed to the board of directors). He is just the messenger from an unhappy major shareholder that was sent in to shake up the organization. It looks like the "shake up" part was effective. I would hope he would make more responsible statements and decisions now that he is part of the company. Now if they could continue to address problems with the product, stock price, employee relations, etc....

Reply to
Walt Kienzle

in article VMOMf.2977$d61.1414@trnddc05, James Sweet at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 28/02/2006 02:43:

... and some people don't like to click Tiny URLs in case it is hiding some malicious website that could bring down the free world :)

Reply to
Paul Halliday