9-5 GPS Nav

Hi there, Got a 2003 9-5 model... am thinking to install a GPS navigation in there... Would be grateful for any advice on how to arrange that the cheapest... Alex

Reply to
ALSN

Everyone I know says get one of the stand alone units. Then you can use it in your other car(s), boat, bicycle, rental cars... you get the picture. They are supposed to be just as good as the in dash units.

Reply to
Fred W

Depends on what you want. If you want less clutter, an indash unit is pretty cool. I'm gravitating towards the Pioneer AVIC D1. It's a pretty sweet all in one stereo/NAV system and also has the ability to display traffic reports.

Reply to
WitchDr

The problem with the stand alone unit in the UK is that it must never be left on view in the car when you leave. The best type is the OE unit which is not so valuable to a thief but much more expensive.

Reply to
John Hudson

Cheapest would be a map, about $3 usd. Has the added advantage of actually teaching a useful skill to your brain.

Reply to
Bob

Doesn't it block the vents and some controls?

Reply to
seog

Not the D1. It's a 2DIN unit that has a large touchscreen LCD and fits in place of the stock SAAB unit.

Reply to
WitchDr