Head unit and CD changer

The head unit in my 96 900S can no longer turn on the Clarion CD changer. I can't figure this one out. I can turn on the tape player but not the CD changer. Has anyone experienced this? Also, is it possible to replace the Saab radio with an aftermarket unit? I am a bit impatient with the Saab radio and figure that I can't get any worse. Thanks

Reply to
inquierer

Before you panic, try my "sure cure".

Go into the trunk/hatch. Find the cable that plugs into the side of the CD player. Carefully twist the round ring on the plug and _gently_ pull the cable out of the jack. (If yours is installed like mine, you will have to either remove the mounting bracket to get to the cable, or you will have to be very good with your fingers. After you do this once and see how it fits, you can do it again without removal).

Leave it unplugged over night. The next day, push the cable back in place. It is not necessary to twist the ring, just gently push it into the jack. You will hear the CD's reload in the unit. All fixed. Don't rush it, you need to wait several hours with the cable unplugged, over night is best.

Reply to
Bob