9000 CD player/changer

Hello,

A question on 9000 CD player/changer. In my new ('96) AERO 9000, there is both a CD player on the console and a CD changer in the trunk, as well as the tape player. The main controls are on the tape player, and I can listen to the changer, but can not power up the CD player on the console. Does installation of the CD changer (it is the Clarion model, appears to be the same as on the '97 900 I used to have) make the CD player on the console inoperable? The manual is not clear on this, and I know that attempting to disconnect the CD changer connector is a bit of a hassle.

BTW, I post no engine, driver train, or electrical questions because I think I have a handle on those, not because I only care about the color of the car and the music I can listen to :-).

Reply to
Dima

The in-dash CD player can be used with the changer when an optional module is installed. My receipt for the part shows #249664, but if in doubt call Mike at Hyannis Saab (800-356-7222), who took my order while he was at Kachina and is familiar with the part. It costs ~$70 and works very well.

Reply to
Bob Davis