2000 Camry indash factory radio/6 cd changer A56811

Camry premium sound 6 CD changer got stuck (won't play any CDs either) and now would not eject. It has Error 3 message, what does this mean? I think replacement is over $500 plus labor at dealer. Anyway to fix? How do you remove this in dash changer?

Thanks

Reply to
Fred

Mike R

Thanks Mike, great website on replacement.

Reply to
Fred

Having the same problem with my CD changer. It?s out of a 2000 Camry (bought on ebay) but installed with a custom wire harness into my ?90 LandCruiser. Because it?s a custom install, the dealer?s not going to touch it. The only alternatives seem to be either going back to ebay for another unit, or sending it in to Factory Car Stereo Repair

they charge a flat $275.00 to fix this unit. I?m hoping to not havepull the whole dash again, just to remove the unit. Anyone know what"ERR3" means? Is there anything in the Camry manual? Help!

Reply to
LandCrusher

I had exactly the same problem today, and thru a search was brought to this thread. Exact same radio (in a Land Cruiser), exact same error 3 problem. I was able to solve it myself, so hopefully you can do the same.

I tried method 1. push eject/load/turn the radio on/off. Nothing. Method 2. Pull the fuse for the radio, wait a few minutes and replace. Nothing. This one has worked for me in the past.

Method 3. Turn the radio off. Turn it on, while you hear the whirring noises smack the dashboard above the radio. Boom, CD's are recognized, and the eject button spit them out. Not the most scientific way of fixing, but I bet it saved me a bundle of money.

Good luck to all,

~~Andy

Reply to
andycoop

You don't have to pull the whole dash, just the unit itself. Read Mike R's post above on pulling the unit out or go to

For me, although the Toyota 6 CD unit changer is nice, it's too damn expensive to replace or repair. I would look into quality head units like the Alpines - you loose the 6 CD changer and one DIN space but gain MP3, satellite radio and changer unit ready, preamp out, subwoofer out, remote control and a few other things dependent on your selected unit.

Anyone know what

Reply to
Fred