Hpse leads to where?

The brake servo hose?

Reply to
Grunff

Oops it did it again. A split 15mm hose from the back of the manifold. I noticed the increased idle speed and suspected this hose as it had happened a couple of years before. I cut off an inch (again), but now it's getting difficult to fit. What is this hose for? I traced it and it disappeared under the right hand side wing. Car is 1993 9000 2.0 LPT

Nylon stub Hose 15mm----|---another small hose /--------------\ | | | || || || |

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Then there should be a left side hose as well?

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Why? There is only one brake servo in the car.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

I thought that since the hose disappears in right wing these might be another hose to the left wing as well? I would like to replace the split hose since it is now 5 cm shorter than original.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

No, just one :-)

It goes to the brake servo, and supplies it with vacuum.

Reply to
Grunff

One solution would be to attach another piece to the existing hose using some nylon stub in between, if I can get it airtight.

Thanks to Grunff and Göran for info.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen