Just lost the exhaust off my c900

Driving home from work last night and I was overcome with an almighty roar and a grinding noise. Looked under the car and the exhaust was hanging off from the box just under the drivers seat. My local friendy mechanic is coming ut to have a look for me, so hopefully he'll be able to effect a repair. If he does have to replace it, what sort of price are we likely to be looking at for an exhaust from a 1989 saab 900i in the UK?

Reply to
Swampy Bogtrotter

Update, Just got the car back from our good friend Davy who has done an amazing repair job for us. He replaced one of the silencer boxes by welding in a part from a Nissan, and patched up a few other small blow holes in it for us.

Reply to
Swampy Bogtrotter

in article Fh%1h.69500$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net, Swampy Bogtrotter at snipped-for-privacy@tessco.net wrote on 1/11/06 11:11:

IIRC (and it's three or fours years back), I had a whole C900i exhaust from the manifold back done for under 200 quid. I tell you what, it sounded really nice with brand new metal all the way from the engine :)

Take a look at Parts for SAABs, Elkparts, German, Swedish & French online for a rough guide. PFS & Elkparts both re-sell genuine SAAB.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

in article Ow12h.60778$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net, Swampy Bogtrotter at snipped-for-privacy@tessco.net wrote on 1/11/06 13:44:

Well, that's a result! Cost effective :) Never mind ... Brand new metal next time, eh?

Keep on SAABin'

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday