Kurt Vonnegut

God rest his soul.

I heard a mention of an argument with Saab having cost him the Nobel prize for literature on Radio 4 last night. So I investigated. See Here:-

Quite an interesting piece, if short! I'm off to Amazon to buy myself a copy of Slaughterhouse 5.

Reply to
Al

On

there's been =some discussion if this was really true. It seems there never existed a "Saab = Cape Cod".

Who makes the best watches? The Swedes? Or is he (or the customer) mixing= up the Swedes with the Swiss?

He really did not know what he was talking about... no wonder he went out= of business (if he was ever in it).

--=20 MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '91 900i '95 900SE

Reply to
MH

This seems to indicate their was:

Fred W

I think we need something from an official town record to verify this. Anyone want to drive to Cape Cod?

I found his writing the equivalent of mid to late Picasso's. Artsy, fartsy folks stand around and ooh and ahh at how wonderful it is; to me it looks like the product of a very distorted mind and I wouldn't pay $1 for it.

Reply to
still me