Lack of Heat C900

It's very possible, yes. Where did you get the stat from?

What's the heat situation now that you've flushed the core? Still the same?

Reply to
Grunff

It's worth replacing the stat every 2-3 years as a matter of course anyway.

I don't know what the climate is like where you are, but if it's hot, it's worth getting a lower temp stat than the standard - 83C is a good medium.

Reply to
Grunff

Perhaps. The hose connecting to the top port on the back of the heater control valve should by the one that's connected to the water pump. If you have rust-like gunk accumulating throughout the coolant system giving it a very good flush should help, but it depends how well the coolant mix has been maintained and how often the previous owner(s) checked it.

I did a heater valve replacement on my 1985 900i some time back - check "

" if you'd like to see whatI did. A few people have offered some extra tips and advice which I stillneed to incorporate into the page. Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site