Locks disagree with each other

Hi,

I switched what I thought was a dodgy motor for my passenger door lock for a known good one. Now it responds okay to a press on the key fob button, but in reverse to the other locks. Anyone know what I've done wrong, and whether it's possible to remedy it without removing the door panel again? (Yep, next time I'll check it before replacing the panel!)

Many thanks,

Jez

Reply to
Jez

You've connected the wires the wrong way round. Remove the door panel, and reverse the wires.

Reply to
Grunff

Get a real sharp box cutter knife and cut a big hole out of the interior panel to gain access to the wires. Then swap the wires around. This way you won't have to remove the whole panel ever again! ;-)

Bummer..... Been there - done that ~ once; only once!

Reply to
saabturbo

Hmm... I could just take the door off and leave it off, I suppose!

Thanks anyway, I'm convinced you and Grunff have it right. It's a bit annoying though, because I thought about this at the time but the plastic connecting plug restricted me to connecting it only one way around. This also led me into a false sense of security which allowed me to refit the door panel without checking more than that the lock was simply engaging and disengaging. Only myself to blame, but tedious all the same.

Cheers,

Jez

Reply to
Jez