my climate control is on crack

so i noticed today that my fan was blowing kinda funny. it would be on high, then it would die down, then go back to high, back down and just do this constantly with no kind of pettern at all. i noticed as well that if you shut of the climate control all together, the fan still runs as if it were still turned on, in that same massed up way. then when you adjust the temperature, you could have blazing hot air come out with one touch, then lower it 2 degrees and its like ac. so before i go and buy a new climate control unit, is there anything else i should check first? this type of thing is not too good happening in winter and all. thanks

dave

97 900SE turbo
Reply to
thealmightyandpowerfuldave

If the 900 is anything similar to the 9000 ACC, your fan speed control went south or soon to be. On the 9000, the fan speed control is mounted on the blower motor housing.

Reply to
yaofeng

that sounds like a stronger possibility than the whole ACC going out. is this a frequent problem? thanks for the help. hopefully my local dealership has the part in.

dave

Reply to
thealmightyandpowerfuldave

It is frequent enough. One of my three 9k's has this happened.

Check this following site out. Tom Townsend has a very good procedure diagnosing the ACC problems.

yaofeng