my Saab chirps when I shut if off!

"Malt_Hound" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...

Why not put it over the display-light dimmer on the dash. Every carstereo has a wire for this.

Reply to
Henrik B.

Not these. Believe me, I've looked. The only power leads going into the radio are are the main power (on all the time) and the ACC switched (turns radio on off with key). There is no separate illumination hot wire.

As someone else said, the only recourse has been to flip down the face at night.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Malt_Hound wrote in news:1tGdnRlxQvdFGV_fRVn- snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

It is possible to do it. There are some programs out there that will help get rid of noise, clicks, pops, etc. I researched it some years ago and but hadn't thought about it lately. A quick Google on lps convert mp3 cd turned up quite a few sites with instructions/software for it. I may think about doing that again.

Reply to
Laura K

I always thought that after market decks should use an automatic dimmer that reads the light level in the car... Saab has used this technology for years, you've probably noticed that when the sun hits the radio/SID/EDU/ACC the lights get brighter? or at night when you open the door and the dome light comes on the screens on the radio and such get brighter. I agree that after market decks are way too bright. I've installed some decks that have dimmer inputs, but most are still too bright even when dimmed. I have been looking at decks to upgrade my 9000's stock stereo, and the new Pioneers with the bright blue "organic" displays look like they'd be painful at night. I think I might stick with an Alpine deck, just because it has more of a stock look and isn't very bright. Being 21 years old, I am not bothered too much by bright lights in the car; Having said that, if I loan my car to one of my parents, they complain that they can't see anything on the road (I have a radar detector, Sirius satellite radio, and a few misc lights from places like my cigarette lighter 3-1 adapter). I don't know where I was going with this :p

-Chris

1994 Saab 9000CSE Turbo 2001 Saab 9-3SE (parent's) 1994 Saab 900SE V6 (*RIP*) 1987 Saab 9000S (*RIP*)
Reply to
Chris Campbell