[Saab_c900] Saab 99 forums - would you like to see some at Craig's C900 Workshop?

Hi everyone,

As you know, in addition to the core C900-focused Australian web-forums at "

" (also"
") I've also got some set up tosupport the later family of Saab's known as the C9000's (pre-1993 Saab9000's).

Something I've wondered about is what sort of call there would be for going the other way - ie. to provide a suite of Australian-based web-forums to support Saab 99's. After all, the 99's where the car on which the 900's were based, so a lot of aspects of the 99's carried over to the C900's (particularly the first few years of C900 production).

I had an email recently offering me a 1977 Saab 99 for sale, and this got me thinking that Saab 99 forums would be a really good addition to the 900 and 9000 forums already in place, and give the forums a well-balanced spread of support for the three of Saab's most popular families - the

99's, the C900's and the C9000's.

Feel free to discuss this here - remember that there are no other Australian web-forum sites which support specific Saab car families - you currently have to visit a non-Australian site for family/model-specific forums for Saab 99's currently.

Not that Saabscene, Saablink, etc. are bad - in fact they're excellent and are highly recommended due to the much larger Saab owner base in Europe (for Saabscene) and North America (for Saablink), but we don't have anything which has an Australian focus. 8-)

Regards, Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

snippage

What exactly is an Australian focus? The majority of the postings on your boards are from yourself so it is not like your boards are a beacon of technical knowlege and excellence from Australia - no offence. It just seems to be a collection of links to other peoples content with some lame beginners stuff.

People will come to your forums in numbers only if you publish high quality original content. There are plenty of existing forums and of course there is usenet.

There is an outstanding Australian auto website/online magazine and it is arguably one of the best in the world - have a look at

It sets a benchmark for technical quality.

Reply to
ShazWozza

'Australian focus' means that the site is based in Australia and is aimed at supporting Australian Saab enthusiasts/owners first and foremost since there currently isn't anything catering for us to the same degree that Saabscene caters mainly for European Saab enthusiasts and other sites like SaabLink and Saabnet cater mainly for North America Saab enthusists.

My site is much newer so of course much of the content is from me since something has to form the basis of the forum content and other people can come and build on it as they see fit.

Yes you're quite right - which is why my personal Saab site contains lots of first-hand experience information which I've learnt through working on my own Saab's, and I like to help other people who are going through the same learning experience(s) as I have.

I know and I'm not disputing Autospeed's quality - but it doesn't do much in the way of supporting enthusiasts of older Saab cars mainly because Australia's car culture is dominated by Ford, Holden (aka GM), and high-profile Japanese and European brands like Toyota, Nissan, Volvo, BMW, etc. and apart from SCCA (Saab Car Club of Australia which I'm a member of and actively support), there is nothing else based in Australia for Australian enthusiasts of pre-1990's Saab's.

I'm going to approach the people at Autospeed in the near future to see potential there is, if any, for promoting Autospeed and for Autospeed to promote the Australian Saab enthusiast community - which is mostly just SCCA and what I'm doing via my websites, forums, etc. If nothing comes of it, that doesn't mean I will think less of Autospeed.

My Saab sites have existed only for as long as I've been interested in Saab's. I support the other sites with links, etc. and (except for Saabnet) actively use and contribute to forums on the other sites as well as my own, so you can't say that I've set up my Saab sites (in particular the forums, etc.) for personal gain other than to help me and others learn more about their cars. Is anything wrong with that?

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site