Need help with 2003 9-5 Aero

I want to buy a 2003 9-5 Aero. The vehicle started very rough and it stalled. I started it again and needed to hold my foot on the gas pedal in order to keep it running. What may be the problem?

Reply to
nospam

Better not drive the car, it could make it worse.

Reply to
johannes

But what do you think the problem is?

Reply to
nospam

Haynes:

Fuel filter choked Fuel pump faulty Uneven or low cylinder compression Worn, faulty or incorrectly gapped spark plugs Vacuum leak at the throttle body, inlet manifold or associated hoses Fuel injection system fault Faulty turbocharger Brakes binding Clutch slipping

+IMO head gasket, ignition cassette, poor sensor contact, blocked catalyst

Anyway, don't buy the car if it is not running properly. Too much hassle and expense.

Reply to
Johannes Andersen

To the original poster. I would say any of the items above (but for the last 3).

Correct.

There is no particular known fault that causes the above symptoms, if you are prepared to buy it then start from the ignition cassette and keep going.

Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

Whoa! Do you think an OBD-II code reader can pinpoint the problem? After all, the Check Engine light was on. Thanks.

Reply to
nospam

It may provide you with a clue. A piece of the fault finding jigsaw, nothing more.

Reply to
DervMan