2003 9-5 Aero Aftermarket CD Changer

I did not get a CD changer with my 2003 9-5 Aero. It has the Harmon Kardon single disc CD / Cassette sound system. Does anyone know of an aftermarket brand of CD changer that is compatible with this system that won't cost a mint? Is the car prewired for a changer? Any pearls of wisdom are appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim Grason

The only CD changer that will work with the Saab audio system is the one sold by Saab. The CD changer does not communicate directly with the audio head unit, instead it communicates with the head unit over one of the vehicles CAN communication network. The CD changer is also incorporated into the vehicles anti theft system and must therefore be married to the vehicle using a TECH 2 test computer. If you buy a used CD changer make sure that it has been divorced from its previous vehicle, it can not be married to your vehicle if it is already married to another vehicle.

Yes.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

I don't know about the 9-5, but I installed a Clarion changer in my '95 9K Aero with a HK system, and it works perfectly. Your system would require a different unit, as mine uses the old C-bus interface, so call Crutchfield

and ask. If one is available they'll know.

Reply to
Bob Davis