not running right

hi my 1990 9000 cd 2.0 turbo seems to miss a beat when it is raining out it feels as if the car just stops getting fuel air or spark for 1 sec or 2. mostly when i am in boost and in 2nd gear accelerating quickly and its kinda random to?

here are my thouhts on this

1 faulty fuel cut off switch 2 faulty DI cassette 3 faulty mass air flow sensor

the check engine light is not on and i got a manual boost controller too set at 12 to 14 psi(i was not at 14 psi when this occurred)

Reply to
es

or it could be the Throttle switch??

Reply to
es

"es" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Does your car have TCS?

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

AFAIR, no 1990 cars had TCS. I think that was introduced (unfortunately) in '92.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Your spark plugs must have old cracked spark plug wires.

Reply to
bust spam

NO that's not it because my car has direct ignition no spark plug wires.

the car is running good now for some odd reason?

Reply to
es

"es" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

You may have gotten some "bad" gas, maybe had some debris or water/condensation in it. If you get gas right after the tanks have been filled at the station, some debris will get stirred up in the underground tanks and can cause the type of problems you were seeing. Add a bottle of fuel additive/injector cleaner and see if that helps.

Reply to
Laura K

Well... I just had some similar problems - see the thread 'is my di cassette going?'

Last time it drove just fine again ( withing the limits of its other problems ).

The only common issue to the problem was higher than average temps.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

If there's been crap in the fuel, it might be worth replacing the fuel filter too. That solved a similar problem on my previous vehicle.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Check your air mass meter. It will give you the same symtoms as a faulty plug or wire and check engine light will not come on. anothe poss o2 sensor. Good luck papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

Thanks for the tip.

Funnily enough that was one item ( amm ) I had in mind.

It's the Bosch unit. Hot wire sensor IIRC. Can it simply be cleaned ( carefully ) ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

It may just be the electrical contact in AMM socket. I've had this in the past, it caused a lot of headache, but was simple to clean the socket. Try that before splashing out on a new AMM.

Hope this will help your right turns :-)

Reply to
Johannes