Rotational Aeros

Hi all,

I have the rotational Aero wheels on my classic 900. I (not so recently) had some rotational tyres fitted on the front and the car has had to go back for re-balancing more than once. I just noticed tonight that the tyres are rotating in the right direction, but the wheels are not! My front wheels are pointing backwards.

Tomorrow, I'll be hot-footing it down to ATS Eur*master (* deployed to disguise the perpetrator) to get them to put the right tyres on the right wheels.

My question. Am I likely to have done any serious damage? I've done about

2500 miles on the erroneously fitted tyres/wheels.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Paul Halliday ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No.

The tyres, possibly, but it's more likely to compromise their ultimate grip. The wheels, it's purely cosmetic - maybe they extract air from the brakes a little better, but that's not really going to be a problem on the road. They may even stay cleaner, the wrong way round, if they're pushing air over the brakes rather than sucking it out...

Reply to
Adrian

No, none at all. And if it were me, I wouldn't even do anything about it 'til I next had the wheels off for another job.

Reply to
Grunff

in article BC371EC4.CBF2% snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk, Paul Halliday at snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 23/01/2004 18:56:

Thanks for the replies - glad to know there's no damage done. I'll still go and shout at the tyre fitter though :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Don't tell him that it doesn't matter. Tell him that the car will drive backwards and pedestrians will be sucked into the wheels, the wheels will fall off...

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Worst that could happen is, you would get better braking and worse acceleration grip (especially in the wet as the directional channels wouldn't clear the wrong way), or vice versa, depending on how the tyre was designed to perform.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.cis.dfn.de, MeatballTurbo at snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com wrote on 26/01/2004 13:49:

The tyres are pointing the right way, so grip should be fine; it's the wheels that point backwards. As a consequence, I get cleaner wheels, but suck small dogs into the brakes (or so I'm told) :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Paul Halliday ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :