1996 9000cs lpt

My 96 Saab 9000 has recently suffered a noticeable reduction in power. At the same gas consumption increased dramatically.

I think the turbo charger is not functioning. Any ideas ?

Thank-you in advance, Kirk

Reply to
dfra

Did you check if the rod from the wastegate actuator to the wastegate arm is properly connected ? I lost the split (or whatever it's called) that's keeping it all together, and a lot of power with it. Replacement is 3 minutes and zero cost.

regards Per

95 9000 CSE LPT
Reply to
Per Laursen

Looking down at the turbo, where would the rod be and what size is it ?

Reply to
dfra

Try this site:

has some good descriptions of repair procedures for the 9000 with picturesthat have parts labeled.Don't know if that specific one is on it, though. snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com
design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

Excellent point, this link has a picture of the stuff I was thinking about:

second picture, 'retaining clip'.

Lift the front (support on stands!), slip in under it, and take a look. 10 minute operation.

regards Per

Reply to
Per Laursen