Saab 9000 auto transmission

I have an '88 Saab 9000CD (Australian delivery). The transmssion was noisy, and now it won't pick up 1st gear. When rolled downhill it picked up 2nd OK, until the speed bled off and it downchanged again and lost drive. It drives perfectly in reverse. I was told to check/change the transmission filter and fluid. I have drained the fluid and pulled off the top cover and the L/H side cover of the transmission. I can't find any filters or anything that looks serviceable. Can anyone help me?

Storm Brisbane Australia.

Reply to
Storm York

You should check