Saab Insurance

Ok... I¹ve been paying about $640 every 6 months to insure my car (Allstate). All of a sudden, it went up about $500. I was told by Allstate that ³Saabs are expensive to insure.²

I¹ve got a 2000 9-5 Aero and a perfect driving record and every discount available (according to them). And I¹m 28 and Male, so that doesn¹t help me one bit either.

Anyone else getting reamed because they¹ve got a Saab??

-ME

Reply to
Marc Escuro

I've got a 2000 9-5 Aero and a perfect driving record and every discount available (according to them). And I'm 28 and Male, so that doesn't help me one bit either.

Anyone else getting reamed because they've got a Saab??

-ME

Reply to
Angelo

I'd suggest shopping for a better insurance company. My insurance dropped $150 a year when I went from a 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII to a

1995 Saab 9000CS in May. Coverage didn't change. My insurance company (Southern Guaranty) loves Saabs. And Volvos. They've got a great reputation for safety, they don't get stolen and they hold up in accidents. I've been very pleased with the Southern Guaranty. I've been with them for 11 years. I'm paying about $650 a year for full coverage with a very low deductible. I'm even covered for medical expenses if I'm walking and get hit by a car. They're only in the Southeast, though. I started with them when I was living in South Georgia and have never had a reason to change.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

Hmmm.. Actually, a 2000 MY saab 9-5 is less expensive to insure than a

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse (GS, no turbo). It's roughly the same as a volvo 850 GLE (1994). I'd start shopping around for other insurance agencies, if practical. Saabs have most of the major safety devices known to man, other than anti roll stuff, and the main thing you're getting hit on is 9-5 aero, and 28, and male... Exactly how that all figures in, I can't say.

Best of luck

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey White

Below is a link to some information on how to cut insurance costs and which costs are cheaper to insure. I turned it up when I was looking for a new car last spring. At the bottom it gives information from State Farm showing which cars are rated higher or lower for premiums based on several factors. The Saab 9-5 rates the deepest discounts. Start shopping for a new insurance company or print it out and take it to your agent and ask him to explain.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

Yeah, I started looking around. Geico, State Farm, and Progressive all quoted in the low-mid $900/ 6 months. 21st Century quoted at $750. Guess after 12 years w/ AllState, I have to switch. I guess living in the SF bay Area, being male, 28, clean driving record, no accidents, tickets, living in a nice neighborhood, and driving a 9-5 Aero has its disadvantages??

crap

-ME

Reply to
Marc Escuro

Reply to
Hitman of Las Vegas

Ouch on the money.

Ka-ching!

Ka-ching! Ka-ching!

Ka-ching! Ka-ching! Ka-ching!

goes by zipcode... sorry.

Ka-ching! Ka-ching! Ka-ching! Ka-ching!

you could be driving a 2004 red corvette with all the accessories and pay more for your insurance than your car payment.

Sorry that you've been bitten by this, but I suspect that it's mostly SF bay area. The Aero was possibly (iirc for my potential bill...) about 40 dollars more, but that's a guess.

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey White

Saab InsuranceSeeing all these $$$$ for insurance, WOW sounds expensive.

Here in New Zealand, "full" insurance costs me no more than NZ$500 per YEAR (about US$250)

I've got a 2000 9-5 Aero and a perfect driving record and every discount available (according to them). And I'm 28 and Male, so that doesn't help me one bit either.

Anyone else getting reamed because they've got a Saab??

-ME

Reply to
Grand Poobah

(about US$250)

paid to have accidents)......

(Allstate). All of a sudden, it went up about $500. I was told by Allstate that "Saabs are expensive to insure."

available (according to them). And I'm 28 and Male, so that doesn't help me one bit either.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Me, $409 for full cover thru NZI for a 1996 9000 CS. Which company are you with?

YEAR (about US$250)

(get paid to have accidents)......

(Allstate). All of a sudden, it went up about $500. I was told by Allstate that "Saabs are expensive to insure."

discount available (according to them). And I'm 28 and Male, so that doesn't help me one bit either.

Reply to
Grand Poobah

What about Cincinnati, Ohio. Just got a quote for $609 a year to insure a

2004 9-5 Arc. I'm glad I'm not driving in New Jersey and paying toll every few miles.

compensation

Reply to
Pablo

Wow, any Internet Jobs in NZ? Your insurance works out at about £130.85 or $220USD.

That is about 1/3 of what I'm paying for the cheapest insurer I can find in the UK for my C900.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yeah, bloody joke init? I just renewed my policy yesterday. '92 9k CSE fully comp with full no claims £500 or US$850

Reply to
Adrian England

Petrol is about haff the UK price, but then our salaries are less as well, so it is not as good as it looks at first. I had to pay more than that for a 1986 900c that I had in Sherborne recently!!

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

£477 for a C900 T16S with Liverpool Victoria with 62.5% no claims. I'm 34 held license just over 2 years and live in a average to poor area.
Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Hey Meatball - spot on. I too am with Liverpool Victoria, 93-SE LPT 2001 convertable = £486.00 (inc protection of 5 yrs no claims bonus)

Next closes was Direct Line at just over £600

Reply to
Mick X

Yeah, pretty much the same. Footman James wanted £900 with limited mileage on a classic policy. Swinton wanted £1200, someone else can't remember who wanted £1700.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Mine's with Royal Sun Alliance. I have to say the recent Norwich Union adverts make me laugh. Every time I ask them to "quote me happy" the smile on my face is a smile of disbelief. Everytime there quote is so much more than everybody else. :))

Reply to
Adrian England

Try being me ;-)

Matt