saab scania bonnet badge

hmmm, all the enamel paint just disappeared one night after a nasty hail storm. No warning or sign of corrosion before this (cleaned the car last weekend, not even cracked then). I have a 1996 9000 CS with almost 200,000 km on the clock. The car looks naked without any paint on the badge!

Reply to
Grand Poobah

Mac Townsend

Same thing happend to me. I found some at

It seemed to happen overnight to me also.

~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

Elkparts at

(search for emblem) or Parts forSAABs at
(search for badge) seel 'em.

Reply to
bud.alzir

Yikes. Tough prices there. Try here:

free shipping over $39. You will be if you get both front and back. I always manage to find plenty of goodies to buy there to get into the free shipping and then some.

FYI... best place I know of to buy SAAB brand antifreeze (the good stuff).

NADA

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

I know someone who breaks 9000s. He owes me some bits. I bet he never even gets a call for these. Would you like me to enquire ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Thanks for all the help guys. I went to a wrecker and got one off an expired

9000 for NZ$24 = about US$17.

My eyes popped out of my head for all the dead Saabs he had. I won't be going back to the dealer again soon for spares.

cheers, John

Reply to
Grand Poobah

That would be pointless. They all age and the enamel paint cracks off eventually. Buy new ones. Start fresh. They aren't all that expensive. Maybe $25 each.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Malt Hound,

They still sell the "Saab-Scania" badges?

Saab Guy?

Reply to
Saab Guy

You mean these?

and

Yep. They sure do.

...and they're only $20 a pop.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

I'm thinking that the wear in the UK is likely to be very low ( few extremes of weather ) . Mine still looks almost pristine.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

The guy I mentioned buys Saabs to break since they're worth more in parts than as cars ! It's very sad. He breaks cars that are still perfectly good 'runners'. Says something about depreciation ! Oh - and the cost of new Saab spares too.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

...possibly true. But my experience is they always look great until the day before the color falls off. ;-)

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound