Goodbye: selling my Saab 9000

Its been fun guys. Have been lurking in the ng for almost 4 years.

I *love* my 1996 9000 CS with 196,000km on the clock but I have a new job and am downsizing the family to one car. The Saab is just too big to treated like a shopping cart, my wife's Mazda 121 is too small.

So looking at a Camry Altise or Mazda6. BORING but at least nothing will ever go wrong with either one.

seeya, John

Reply to
grandpoobah

Don't you believe it with the Toyota. They are well built, but when they do need parts, dealers are expensive. A set of Toyota plug leads are =A3130GBP A set of Champion plugs that don't take account model changes over the=20 model life cost over =A3100GBP Even Blueprint copy plug leads (the best I could find that actually=20 fitted) cost the best part of =A3100.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

John,

Why not a new Saab?

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

The Saab was my car. Now that I have to share a car with the missus, she gets to vote too. A 9-5 would be too much car for us now and the newer shape

9-3 is too many $$$ here in NZ.

cheers, John

Reply to
grandpoobah

Lucky you they are nothing but headaches

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

In don't think so. Many don't think so. The engine in m y 1993 9000 CSE

2.0 LPT spins with a delightful whirr at even high revs, though hardly necessary. And this one has no balancer shafts. It has incredibly build quality, still no spec of rust. In comparison, you can still have new executive cars that rust badly after only 3 years and 9 months. Your choice...

Copy the url above to an editor and put into one line.

Reply to
Johannes