Saabs year 99-00

Dear Saab friends,

I am considering buying a Saab 9-3 dti 2.2 125 hp, year 2000, cca 80 000km. And since that I live I Croatia where we don't have good Saab dealer network I am interested in opinions about the car. What can I expect? The price is from 8000? to 10000? and it is a pretty good price, and I know it is a GM engine inside, but that don't bothers me 2 much, for last 9 years I am driving an GM Opel kadet E GSi and I was very happy whit it.if the Saab GM engine is half good as the one that I am driving now it will be great J how good is that Saab GM engine?

What are the downsides of a Saab 9.3, dti engines, I noticed that the board computer display is not working on many Saabs I have looked, is this reparable or a must buy new part.how good is that engine?

Plz, help.Saab is my dream car from my childhood, and now I can afford me one but a cant afford me an car with problems and visiting mechanic to often.especially not in Croatia where we only one Saab authorized dealer J

Need all information on Saabs 9.3 99-00 u can give me.

THX in advance

.:snowcrAsh:.

Reply to
.:snowcrAsh:.

price is in euros :-)

Reply to
.:snowcrAsh:.

Reply to
ma_twain

Other than the SID, my '02 9-3 has been utterly bomb-proof thus far. So to call them "unreliable" is nonsense, especially when I have 2 other cars to compare it to: A Mercedes and a collectionist car. The Saab and my motorcycle are the only troublefree items in the garage.

I did get the extended warranty for the Saab, just in case, but nothing's come up.

...pablo

Reply to
pablo

Tell me it is "utterly bomb-proof" after you have over 200,000 miles and

10 or more years on the car :-) Most cars these days will last 60,000 miles and 3 years - even a Ford.

However, it appears you are very happy with the Saab and that is good. One can only hope GM and Saab have improved the quality of their cars.

I suspect the car knew you bought the extended warranty and will not have any problems as l> Other than the SID, my '02 9-3 has been utterly bomb-proof thus far. So to

Reply to
ma_twain