Slightly surprised me

Total Votes: 2407

Koenigsegg Automotive AB 78 % Fiat Group 17 % Renco Group 5 %

Is Koenigsegg a viable purchaser ?

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

If K weren't, then they wouldn't have got this far. They're the front-men for other investors.

Renco are basically a mineral extraction business with an abysmal reputation for environmental vandalism.

Oh, and Fiat aren't in the last three.

Nobody seems clear on who the third bidder is, the one who fell out of the running earlier but has come back with an improved offer.

Reply to
Adrian

"Eeyore" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@notcoldmail.com...

They are as of today, one of the remaining two possible buyers...

Reply to
Henrik B.

ooooooooooh, does that mean we might see a V8 Saab in the end after all.

Reply to
Elder

Maybe they could do the Triumph Stag style thing and bolt a pair of B235s together ?

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Maybe, you never know. Sweden's own 4.6 litre 400 horses Hemi V8 with Turbos would be cool.

Reply to
Elder

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Y'mean the Jag lump in the big Volvos...?

Anyway, let's not forget they already build and sell a new Saab with a

6.0 400bhp v8.

Then there's this.

Adrian

"Adrian" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

It's actually a Yamaha engine in the Volvo's. ;o))

Reply to
Henrik B.

Yeah but it wouldn't be as good as a Saab designed one running a brace of turbos built by Koenigsegg though would it.

Reply to
Elder

Just seen what they put it in. Not pretty at all.

Reply to
Elder

With Saab loosing 200mSEK each Month, they could move the production of Koenigsegg to Saab factories to be able produce enough to support the Saab operations.

In 2007 Koenigsegg had problems paying their bills. How many eggs will the brake to get Saab?

Reply to
Balo