Stop Unfair Treatment by Scott Peterson of Saabnet

Ah, excellent. I'm thinking it's a Scotch night this evening, after I do the bobcat-work.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Not really. Consumers today speak with their money. Pursuing uncertain complaint avenues, can prove to be a waste of time. So rather than waste one's time, consumers will simply stop investing their money in one vendor and invest it in another, hopefully more valuable, vendor.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Jeff - sorry if this reply is posted a bit late.. but my newsreader / email seems very slow. But nobody is disputing anybody's right to boycott an internet site, or even moan about it in newsgroups. But I do take issue with this thought of Saabnet providing a "service" and "consumers". If I get bad service in a restaurant, or someone supplies me faulty goods which I have

*paid for* I have consumer rights. How much does Saabnet charge you to use their unsatisfactory service??
Reply to
Nasty Bob

The payment is indirect...ie, Saabnet's users are exposed to advertisements.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Well, conversely, Scott _is_ charging his advertizers to put ads up, right? Those people should know that Scott is costing them visibility by his heavy-handed tactics. So I can see the guy's point, I just don't care intensely enough to do anything about it other than say "Yeah, you're right, that's messed up".

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 08/06/2005 21:35:

Scotch? Pah! Poison! :) ... He says, slugging down Leffe and freezing Brännvin 8) Actually, whisk(e)y is one of the few things you guys do better than us

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Right. Just send it on over to me...

I'm not familiar with that which you mention, that's not that Irish crap they try to pass off as Whiskey, is it? Oh, and the USA'n stuff? Well, it's shaped like a good Whisky, but that's all. If I want corn, I'll eat it directly, not in my beverages, thankyouverymuch.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Tex took the words right out of my fingers.

Reply to
Jef Gearhart

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 08/06/2005 22:04:

I'll swap you a bottle for a C900 rear louvre! We don't seem to have them over here, but I've seen them on many a US C900. I'm feeling the need for some more retro styling for the "old girl".

Erm ... Erm ... Evidently :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

True enough. In this case I personally do not think Charles would be wasting his time, since he did state that he actually does business with Saabnet's sponsors. Boycotting the sponsors (i.e. speaking with his money), is *exactly* what Charles was suggesting.

He was simply also willing to extend the sponsors the courtesy of letting them know why. I believe this is a more practical, and much more effective approach than waiting for the sponsors to someday notice they lost Charles as a customer and never understand why. This also gives them the opportunity to fix it.

Reply to
Jef Gearhart

Haven't seen one in years, sorry. Never saw the appeal either, but I live in snow country, so they're astonishingly useless here.

I'm kinda particular. Gotta be a _good_ Scotch, too.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

But you can also become a paid member of Saabnet to get access to extra things like posting classifieds, etc.

This is where the perspective and management philosophy of the site really come into question, but as we've said already there are plenty of alternative forum/bulletin-board sites and info sites like Saabscene, Saablink, Saabcentral and my site as well. So there is plenty of choice.

Saabnet's just not up-front that it's commercially-oriented, but again that's the site admin's perogative to set it up that way. People become aware of the issues as they get blocked from posting. 8-)

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site