Suspension upgrade ..

I'd like to upgrade stock suspension in my '99 9-3 FPT. I'm not looking for racing extremes or ultimate lowering of car, but something that [oops] would make my Saab drive like BMW [/oops] without lowering it more than 1.5" (40mm). So, I'd like to have something that is not too stiff, but would help car corner decently.

Tirerack sells Eiback pro-kit (dampers & springs) for $600. Do you have any experience on those? What other alternatives do I have? Do youy know any web-stores that sell this type of Saab stuff ?

I'm located in CO, US.

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

It seems like a lot of people in this group like to use Koni adjustable shocks with stock springs (for the c900, anyway). I'm thinking of getting a set myself.

Is there any especially good place to order them in the US?

John

Reply to
John B

"Zon" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@news.vaisala.com...

I would deffinately get a set of H&R lowering springs (40 mm) and the put on some yellow Koni's (adjustable). This combination is by far the preffered one amongst Saab owners in Sweden.

The advantage of the H&R springs is the fact that they're progressive, meaning the harder you drive, the harder they get. And the adjustable Koni's, well, you can set the comfort-level you like. And the last way longer than ordinary shocks.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

In article , john@reply-to- group.please spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Do Abbot do any of their handling packs for the 9-3?

I know you can put together cheaper individually, but it might work better with matched springs and revalved shocks etc, if that is what they use.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Abbott is fairly stiff IME in the NG900/9~3. If he wants a reasonable improvement in handling w/o being too stiff, I'd go with the Eibach (progressive) springs and Koni adjustable shocks. The Koni's are great. Drops the car about an inch. Last I checked the springs were $300 and the shocks $550 plus labor.

The steering rack brace is also highly recommended by those who install it. I have not gotten to mine yet. Available from Abbott

and Taliaferro
The guys at Taliaferro are really intothese mods and are US based. Email them with any questions and theywill help you out.

Reply to
- Bob -