Terrible Screaming Noise

No it isn't Because no it doesn't.

Reply to
Elder

Do you deny it shrinks when hot too ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Yes. It might shrivel, but not necessarily shrink. Can you say that for all rubber? Because tyres expand when hot, not shrink.

Reply to
Elder

Try playing a hair dryer on a rubber band. I didn't mean shrivel btw - I meant to shrink reversibly.

Not sure if it's only natural rubber or whatever. Synthetics may be different. It's something to do with molecule alignment AIUI.

Do they definitely ? Maybe vulcanising affects it ? Also what percentage is natural rubber these days btw ? The steel cords will certainly expand and I'll bet the steel will 'win' over the rubber so that might be the reason.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Reply to