Torque Settings

Hi all! What is the torque setting for aluminium wheels on an 2004 9-3 cabriolet?

Regards Rainer

Reply to
Rainer Mörsdorf

Hi, I unfortunately cannot answer the question for that year of 9-3 but on the 1999 9-3 with alloy wheels, we were using approx 110 - 115 Nm on the 4 regular bolts. With the (5th) locking bolt, somwhere about 90 -

100 Nm. I grease the threads but *not* the contact point between the bolt head and the wheel.

I use this on my 2001 Audi A4 and get good results too.

Try the above as a guideline until someone more knowledgeable of your car gives you a better answer.

Reply to
Robert

It should be in your manual. In the USA we go with roughly

84-88ft lbs on all alloy wheels. I usually stage it at 50 then to 80.

I do not grease anything. You make some serious adjustments in the proper torque when you grease bolts. I am not sharp enough to know how much to adjust the wrench for that.

Reply to
Bob

The 9000 wheel bolts are to be torqued to 86 ft-lbs. I think your 9-3 should be the same.

Reply to
yaofeng