1995 SL2 idles very high.

Our 1995 SL 2 103K has started idling at 1500-1600 rpm. Cold hot doesn't matter. Sometimes it will drop to 900 but for no obvious reason. Checked cable and linkages all seem ok returns to stop etc .

Any input ?

Thanks

Reply to
Jim

...I thought I read/skimmed in the threads something about a failing coolant temp sensor and high idle. Maybe do a search in the Google newsgroups, and or wait for someone else to answer here...

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Try the TPS sensor, my 96 SL@ would rev high rpms when I had a vacuum leak, or vacuum hose was not attached.

Reply to
mackshightech

Before playing sensor tag, pull the throttle body out, clean it and the IAC, then make sure every connector's seated right over there. Also, look for vacuum leaks.

Then, I'd look #1 at the temp sensors. They're cheaper and easier to swap out than the TPS...

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski