2000 SL2

My wife and I just purchased a 2000 SL2. This may sound crazy, but I can't find where to check the antifreeze level. I see the radiator, but not the cap. The car didn't come with an owners manual, so I ordered one off of ebay. Can someone please tell me where the radiator cap is??? Thanks for your help.

George

Reply to
George K.

...if it's like my 97, then you only check the level at the overflow jug on the right (passenger side) fender. It probably has a pinkish/orange sticker on a black plastic cap sitting on a white-ish colored plastic jug.

There is concern for getting the right type of antifreeze too - used to be you can't mix the green (normal) with the pink/orange (extended life). However I was just over at the Prestone site and they are making something they claim safe for all. I used Dexcool (extended life) in my 97.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Just to add my 2 cents, on my sl2, it's behind the window washer tank.

hth,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

On a 2002 SL, the coolant type is the orange stuff caled DexCool. You check the level via the overflow resevior which is indeed on the passenger side, behind the windshield washer resevior tank. There is a fill line, which is actually the large seam which forms the perimeter flange near the top. on

1st gen Saturns, there used to be a Fill arrow there. When looking inside the resevior, you will also see there is a plastic bar inside the fill hole, the coolant should just cover that, which is equivalent to the fill line on the outside.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

You know, I've wondered about the Prestone stuff too. It's called Extended Life Antifreeze/Coolant, comes in both regular and water-diluted forms, and allegedly "is intended for ANY foreign or domestic car and light duty truck on the road today and mixes with ANY color antifreeze/coolant," according to the company's Web site.

Any thoughts or experiences with this in Saturns? Carrying around a diluted jug of this stuff for an emergency seems a lot more convenient than lugging around Dexcool, distilled water and a measuring cup.

-G.K.

Reply to
Gary Kirchherr

You're talking about "Pre-Mix". You can buy Pre-Mix in any type of coolant includiing DexCool. I mix my own at home and carry a jug of it in my car just incase.

Reply to
Blah blah