2001 SL1 Auto Fluid change interval

I was on saturnfans.com and I looked at the history of the SL series of cars. I noticed that in 2001 they started using long life (100K) fluid. When I bought my used 2001 the dealership only had a 2000 manual to give me but told me that it is the same.

Did the 30,000 mile auto tran change interval go to 100k on 2001 models?

I bought the filter and fluid (non synthetic) would it hurt to do it any way? I am concerned that the long life fluid might be a synthetic and the stuff I put in will be non synthetic.

Thanks a bunch,

Wes

Reply to
clutch