2003 ION front turn signal/marker light

MELTED! I thought it just bunrned out, followed the directions to pull the bulb - only the glass came off in my hands, leaving the base of the bulb firmly

*welded* to the socket assembly... digging it out broke the socket!

The other side is now looking the same - you can see it has already melted and welded itself to the socket, but the light still works so far. I just setup an appointment to get it fixed - I trust they will agree it is a failure and not give me the run-around.

Anyway - fyi. :)

-e

Reply to
NoSetFine

teem

Re DR lights. I *hate* them. Gm triued to make it a standard feature a few years ago, and get a jump on everyone, and push the Feds, but it died.

Areas where such a feature is actually useful, will have signs saying such. In CT, the sign at the beginning of the stretch tells you to turn them on, the sign at the end tells you to turn them off - and thanks you.

It kinda works on motorcycles, but people ignore anything smaller than them on the road, so even there, it's not very useful.

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

Just a note, on at least the 2003 Ions with the automatic headlight system, you can actually turn the DRL's off anytime you want by setting the system into manual mode.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Paluda

Reply to