Looking for Overhead console map light PC 579

Anyone have an overhead console / map light burn out, and try to find a replacement? Or map light burnt out in our 03 Caravan. Know I can't get the bulb anywere except dealer. It is a PC 579. Even Daniel Stern doesn't have one at his website!

Reply to
deadbeat

Not even close to everything is on the site.

There are a few different "579" bulbs. Take a close look at your bulb. Can the actual glass bulb be pulled out of whatever plastic socket/base may come out with it when it is removed from the map lamp? Or is there a plastic twist-in base that *cannot* be separated from the glass bulb?

-Stern

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

OK, I'm back. Strike the last batch of questions. It is a 579, no PC, and no permanently-attached plastic base. Expensive bulb! I have 'em in stock, but only by the 10-pack, and I'm fairly sure you don't want 10 of them.

-Stern

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I burned one out also and ended up at the dealer. The OEM plastic holder with the bulb wires crimped to is said wagner on it but the replacement is bulb only (PC 579) you have to find your own way to attach bulb wires to the metal in plastic adapter. What a great idea, dealer was suprised also.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin