2004 VUE, V6, AWD - Shimmy In Front End When Braking and Speed Reachs 25 to 30 mph.

Has anyone had a problem when braking and the vehicle slows down to 25-30 mph? Our '04 VUE has a distinct shimmy when braking? Would this be covered by the warranty? We purchased the vehicle in Jan'05 and have about 8,000 miles on it.

Any help would be appreciated?

-A.E.

Reply to
A.E.

Have it checked out professionally ASAP! Might be a ball joint or bushing that is defective. Worst case, it might be something in the steering ready to let go (which could really ruin your day). Can't say anything about warranty coverage, only about safety.

Reply to
Oppie

Check for warped and out-of-tolerance brake rotors. Early '90's Saturns were notorious for this problem. My '97 SW2 had this shimmy problem for the first 22k miles until I finally got the rotors replaced under warranty. The rotors were warped so badly they could not be fixed by resurfacing. Also check for proper wheel balancing if it hasn't been done already.

Reply to
blue_x21