95 SL2 - short belt config to bypass A/C compressor?

My son's 1995 SL2 (127k miles) is in good mechanical shape but "rough" body and interior-wise. A/C is not working now and louder than usual noises from front of engine (belt area). If it is the A/C compressor, I'm not going to fix it and wondered if there was a short belt modificaiton that can bypass the compressor.

I ask because on my 1996 Saab there is a short belt mod to bypass the upper idler pulley which is failure-prone.

Reply to
Geoff

Maybe check and see if a '95 SL could be bought wo/AC. If so use that belt.

I would think that a place like NAPA could get a belt with some measurements. Measure the length of the belt you need using some string and holding the tensioner in the normal position with a belt in place.

James

Reply to
James1549