96 saturn computer

Hello,

I disconnected my battery and hence erased the computer codes. About a

1-1/2 wks later I went in for an inspection (NY) and the state's emissions computer reported that the on board diagnostics were not reporting. How long does it usually take before the computer starts to report the codes. It will be two weeks this Saturday since the battery was unhooked and I drive it to work everyday, 25miles round trip.

Regards, Rob

Reply to
Rob

The computer should still be recording any engine trouble codes, but shows in its history that it was recently reset (when you disconnected power) so this is probably why the state will not accept the "no errors reported" results. I do not know how many ignition cycles are required before this flag is removed. I'd guess 50-100.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Look up 'Drive Cycle' for your vehicle. This has to complete before the car is considered ready for emissions testing.

Oppie '01 lw300 (White Plains, NY)

Reply to
Oppie