97 SL2 Question

I've owned my SL2 for about a year now, and want to free up some more power. Here's what I've done so far:

Here's what I've done so far:

Custom intake system: clamped a cone filter directly onto the throttle body

Custom exhaust: This is a do it yourself at AutoZone hack job. I cut the pipe after the cat and fitted the pipe diameter to

2.25'', threw on a glass pack, and side-piped it (sorry no pic with me).

Better Tires: Yokohama 205x60xR15

Here's 2 ideas that I've heard that are fairly cheap and easy to install.

One idea my friend had was to replace my cast iron exhaust header with the aluminum header available on some '91 and '92 SC2 models. Has anyone ever tried this or know if they have the same bolt pattern?

The other is a relativly simple modification to the IAT sensor to trick the engine to run rich. I haven't tried this yet because I didn't think it would be worth the price of the resistor. Am I wrong?

Thanks.

Reply to
pete42

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

The header from a '91-'92 DOHC will bolt up to any DOHC up to '98. You will have to have to do some work at the cat end to make it fit.

Nope, you're right - doesn't do anything, really.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller