power steering reservior and header pipe

Greetings,

Looking for advice as to how to best remove the reservior from the power steering pump on a 93 SL2. It has two metal clips with a tab on each that are tensioned down against the body of the pump. I can pop these up with a screw driver, but looking for a way to slide the clip off without cracking the reservior.

I dropped a low mileage 92 engine in to this car. The 92 engine has a true exhaust header I want to retain (the 93 is a cast iron unit which is much more restirctive). The dealerships want over $300 for the pipe that attaches to the header flange. Most after market stuff I've googled is cat back. Before I get some flex pipe and carry it to a shop to have something fabricated (and knowing this a stainless steel piece), are there any aftermarket sources for new (or used) pieces?

Thanks.

Tom

Reply to
tom.mechanic

Be sure to put in the '93 PCM, or you will likely have an issue with timing. You'll need to get the piping fabricated, but that's not a huge deal. Stainless or not, it can still be welded - it just rusts a bit mor= e.

--=20 =EF=BB=BFKevin M. Keller Director, News & Promotions Saturn Performance Club

Reply to
Kevin