Code 71 on 93 ??

I'm helping a friend with a problem on a 93 Saturn. I got codes 26, 32, 53 and 71. I reset the codes and 53 came right back. I need to know what code

53 is. My scan tool says " INF FLAG - ESC MAX" I can't find it in any of my service literature.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Here's what they all are:

26: Any of the quad-driver module circuits had an open or short for 25 seconds. (Often a problem with either the EGR vacuum or canister purge solenoids.) 32: EGR system fault. Fuel mixture did not change when EGR solenoid was commanded ON and OFF. (Points toward possible EGR solenoid problem as well.) 53: Knock sensor could not eliminate engine noise by retarding timing. (Possible that's EGR too, insufficient EGR flow will cause the engine to tend to knock more.) 71: Engine coolant temperature was above 244° F. (Could be a bad CTS, or wiring short..)
Reply to
Robert Hancock