Eng. Stalling 95 SL2

I bought it new-great car--except--alt.& bat. @ 25k- $12c A/C @ 40k and this ever present potential for stalling. Dealer failed to fix it @ 25k and my independent mech. failed at 50k. I chng. the fuel filter myself- nothing has helped . Symptoms..occurs most often (not every time) when "lugging the engine" then decelerating. Example..Driving at 20 mph, accelerate hard but not hard enough for down-shift (duh,,it's automatic) to 40 or 50 mph then slow to 10 or 20 mph. If I accelerate at this stage it does the "Herky Gerky"= I must bump the trans. into neutral and ram the accelerator to the floor hoping it will rev to the rev limiter which clears up the problem. If I'm late with this action the eng. dies but will restart with 3 to 6 sec. of cranking. It feels more like fuel starvation than flooding because on restart I don't notice the black exhaust that is common with flooding. DISPARATE IN FT.LAUDERDALE. JIm Hud.

Keeponsmilling

Reply to
James Hudson

Could it be the fuel pump?